The Parents & Friends Association consists primarily of all parents and guardians of pupils enrolled at Notre Dame Catholic Primary School. It forms an integral part of the life of the school.
PARENTS & FRIENDS ASSOCIATION 2020
|Chair||Mr Adam Sahb|
|Treasurer||Mrs Nicole Beresford|
|Finance Officer||Mrs Denise Fernandes-Dodsley|
|Administration Officer||Joanna Barber|
|Class Liaison Coordinator||Carly Chua|
|School Board Rep:||TBA|
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS OF NOTRE DAME CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
(Established by the Parents & Friends Association 2011)
As parents of Notre Dame Catholic Primary School, we work collaboratively and constructively with the principal, the staff and the wider community.
- are supportive with attendance and participation at school events e.g. Masses and Liturgies, Principal’s Morning Tea, canteen, classroom activities, sporting activities and excursions
- are proactive with offers of help and assistance at school events.
- encourage other parents to be involved in school events.
- approach the right person with concerns and offer a positive solution or compromise.
- reinforce school rules to our children and follow them ourselves.
- are supportive of the school and be positive. Sell our great school to others.
- have open lines of communication between parents and staff.
As parents of Notre Dame Catholic Primary School, we model Christian values in word and deeds with all members of the community.
- set an example to children, which flows through to the community.
- minimize gossip.
- encourage attendance at Masses and liturgies.
- model good manners.
- are friendly to all community members.
- support the wider community programs e.g. donation drives, parish events.
- say ‘hello’ to everyone.
- include others in your conversations.
- are positive when talking to others, especially around children.
- participate in fund raising events for the less fortunate.
As parents of Notre Dame Catholic Primary School, we contribute to a welcoming and inclusive community.
- encourage participation in community events and community services.
- adopt a buddy system for new parents.
- take the lead with ‘outside’ social gatherings for parents and families.
- display friendliness.
- model good manners.
- utilise the parent representatives to inform parents of their role.
- encourage parent participation in the school as well as in parent social get-togethers.
- attend community building and social events.
- attend morning or afternoon tea for new parents.
- invite new families to the after assembly and after Mass morning teas.
- acknowledge parents by greeting them e.g. in the morning, at pick-up time.
As parents of Notre Dame Catholic Primary School, we value and respect the Catholic identity of the school, the relationship with the parish and the expression of the Catholic ethos and Catholic beliefs.
- encourage families to attend Masses, liturgies and parish events.
- involve children and parents in parish functions and events.
- speak positively in front of children and others in the community about the school and the parish.
- discuss the Religious Education topics the children are studying at school in the home.
- become informed about parish and church issues in order to guide our children.
- accept and respect the Catholic identity of the school.
- encourage prayer at home.
- reinforce the religious practice and teachings of the school.
- reinforce and show Christian values by being a good role model.